Join the special Summer Fest Eve Art Flash Mob, Thursday, July 11!
Put your love of West Seattle on canvas in one hour. It’s FREE to join and there will be cash prizes!
Adults and Youth (15 and under)
Choose your favorite West Seattle scene – Alki, Lincoln Park, Solstice Park, Vashon Ferry, Lighthouse, Farmers Market, or your own backyard. We will paint, draw or collage al fresco in the West Seattle Junction during booth set-up on Summer Fest Eve. The Art Flash Mob will take over the street in front of CAPERS. Bring your supplies and any visual reference you would like for your scene. After we’re done, take your artwork home or donate it to Summer Fest to be displayed at the Community Stage in Junction Plaza Park!
There will be two prize levels:
- $100 in cash for the best representation of what we love about West Seattle – adult category
- $50 in cash for the best representation of what we love about West Seattle – youth category
Artwork will be judged by a panel of esteemed community members.
Thursday, June 11, Summer Fest Eve:
- 7:10pm Meet at Post Office
- 7:20pm Walk to CAPERS
- 7:30pm Set up easels and create!
- 8:30pm Artwork judging and awards ceremony
What to Bring
- Blank 16”x20” canvas (no sketching or prep work allowed!)
- Visual reference (photo, tablet, phone)
- Paints or mixed media (bring what you need)
- Palette (optional if desired)
- Easel (optional if desired)
- Brushes and tools (bring what you need)
Don’t have these items? All supplies can be purchased economically at Northwest Art and Frame (4733 California Ave SW), or similar art or craft supply stores.
Registration Deadline: July 8
Fill out Registration Form here.
Please note: Sign up early! This Art Flash Mob needs 15-20 participants to be really great.
The “I ❤ West Seattle” Art Flash Mob!” is sponsored by the West Seattle Art Walk and the West Seattle Art Council.