Are you a West Seattleite who loves art and supporting small business? Volunteer to be part of the West Seattle Art Walk!
We have three options to suit all levels of interest and time availability:
1. Join the West Seattle Arts Council
Responsibilities of West Seattle Arts Council members:
- Attend quarterly meetings to review artist submissions for Art Walk poster/maps image. Meetings currently held via videoconference, 12 – 1 pm on the Friday after the March, June, September and December Art Walks. (Attend as many as possible. We understand that conflicts arise from time to time.)
- Be part of decision-making and planning for special events or promotions associated with Second Thursday Art Walk, such as Holiday festivities, Valentine’s Day add-ons, Spring fun and Halloween Spookiness!
- Volunteer for poster/map distribution or Art Walk night photography once per quarter. (For photography, all you need is a smartphone. No special photo skills required!)
This volunteer role requires the least amount of time, but helps shape what the quarterly event looks like. We are looking for new members to share their time and voice!
If you have more time and energy to give, Art Walk can always use help in these roles:
2. Become a Neighborhood Art Walk Coordinator
Responsibilities of a coordinator:
- Outreach to businesses in Art Walk neighborhoods and beyond (Admiral, Alki, Alaska, Morgan) to join Art Walk. Use existing marketing tools to help bring businesses onboard.
- Attend quarterly meetings with other coordinators to discuss registration status, strategies to succeed, blocks or challenges. Meetings currently held via video conference, 5-5:30pm in the last week of August, November, February and May.
- Attend quarterly Arts Council meetings (see above).
- Volunteer for poster/map distribution or Art Walk night photography at least once per quarter (see above).
See this page on our website for more information about the role and what our resources are for new coordinators: https://wsartwalk.org/art-walk-coordinators-page.
Our next Arts Council meeting is Friday, September 9, 12pm, and our next Coordinator meeting is either August 18 or August 23, 5pm.
3. Be the Content Creator for monthly blog posts
- Creating or editing content for Art Walk-related events, such as the Art of Music or special features like the grand opening of Mural Alley. Most events are timed for Second Thursday, but some are on their own track.
- Coordinating with volunteer leads of events to receive content and stay on top of event updates
- Managing image or video files saved to Art Walk Google Drive, including adding to blog posts
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus but not necessary (can be briefed)
- Knowledge of posting to Facebook and Instagram a plus (can also be briefed).
Time commitment for Content Creator: approximately 2-3 hours a month. We request a six month commitment to start.
Questions? Ready to sign on? Email the Art Walk team at firstname.lastname@example.org.