West Seattle Art Hop & Shop Registration Form
Please note: Site Host and Artist Registration has closed. Please join us on May 6 to visit the event as an Art Hopper!
Back for the second year, West Seattle Art Hop & Shop will be Saturday, May 6th, 10am-5pm. Art will be on display and available for purchase at studios, yards and outdoor spaces throughout the West Seattle peninsula. Boundaries for West Seattle Art Hop & Shop are West Marginal Way on the east, Seattle city limits to the south, and Puget Sound to the north and west. Art patrons will hop (and shop!) their way across West Seattle using an interactive map. Printable maps will also be available.
West Seattle Art Hop & Shop is run entirely by volunteers from our artist community. Participating artists are expected to actively market the event through their social media accounts, via print material distribution and word of mouth.
NEW THIS YEAR: 30 site maximum, 3 artists per site minimum.
Based on artist and patron feedback about traffic and number of sites at the 2022 Art Hop & Shop, this year’s event is capped at 30 sites. Site registration is required, and sites are required to have a minimum of 3 artists showing. There is no limit on the number of artists participating at each site. Artists must register individually by April 9th. Additionally, individual artists are required to indicate on the registration form the name and address of the site at which they are participating. Read on for resources for finding a site or artists to host.
SITE HOST REGISTRATION
This year’s event is limited to 30 sites. Sites must commit to hosting a minimum of 3 artists and must be within the boundaries of West Marginal Way to the east, Seattle city limits to the south, and the water to the north and west.
Don’t have quite enough artists to meet the 3 artists per site minimum? One of the goals of West Seattle Art Hop is to build connections among our local artist community. Sites who need more artists and individual artists who need a site can use our “Do-It-Yourself” matching spreadsheet to connect.
Artist Registration Deadline: Sunday, April 9, 2023, 11:45pm
FAQ – Please read before registering!
Here’s what you need to register:
- You must have a registered site location, and will need the specific site address for registration.
- Sites must be within the boundaries of West Marginal Way to the east, Seattle city limits to the south, and the water to the north and west and must have completed a site registration and received confirmation.
- Need to find a site to join? Use the “Do-It-Yourself” tool to connect with a host site.
- Images of your work that are correctly formatted.
- 3-4 square images
- Images should be jpg files, 1200 x 1200 dpi at 72 resolution.
- Files should have your name and be numbered in this format: “FirstNameLastName01” “FirstNameLastName02” etc.
- Images will be used for marketing, including social media and the map.
There are many free tools that will let you crop and resize your images. If you need more information or help, visit our Image Help Guide.
- Artist Statement and brief description of your work.
- A brief description of what you will be selling (like a tag-line, very short, used for the maps.)
- A 100-word-or-less paragraph about who you are, the work you create, what inspires you, or any other thing you would like to share. This paragraph will be copied / pasted into social media posts. Need inspiration, take a look at the artist features from last year on our social media pages!
- Other information on the registration form you’ll want at hand:
- Your name
- Host site address
- Your Email
- Your business information:
- Your business name
- Website address
- Your business Facebook and/or Instagram address/URL and handles. (This should look like: URL: https://www.facebook.com/WSArtHop ; Handle: @WSArthop)
- Registration payment: $25 non-refundable, paid online. The West Seattle Art Hop & Shop is a “rain or shine” event – no refunds.