Art of Music Returns to the West Seattle Art Walk in September 2021!
Many of you may remember the delight of live music paired with Second Thursday Art Walk in the last half of 2019. Art of Music brought family-friendly instrumental and vocal music to outdoor and indoor venues in the Alaska Junction, thanks to the passion and drive of project originator and coordinator John Redenbaugh.
We are thrilled to announce that, after the hiatus of 2020, John is bringing Art of Music back – and now to Admiral as well as the Alaska Junction! Mark your calendars for these Second Thursday West Seattle Art Walks:
September 9 • October 14 • November 11 • December 9
The September 9 event will feature award-winning bassist and jazz vocalist Marina Christopher at the KeyBank Plaza in Alaska Junction and harpist Alyvia Miller at the Welcome Road Winery in Admiral Junction. Venues for October, November and December are being finalized as we write. Verity Credit Union will host in October. Each venue will have two sets of music from 6pm to 7:40pm, with a 10 minute break in-between. Click here for Marina’s Flyer and here for Alyvia’s flyer.
See our Art of Music Facebook Event on our West Seattle Art Walk page, then click the dates you’re interested in to get updates. Participating Art Walk businesses will also have event flyers to share.
- Enjoy the music of award winning Singer-Songwriter Larry Murante at Verity Credit Union. Larry is the Grand prize winner of the John Lennon songwriting contest and the winner of the West Coast Songwriters Song Contest. Click here for Larry’s flyer.
- Dine in swinging style with Byron Street Swing, a quartet Performing Hot Club Jazz and Early French Swing Music at Sopranos Antico. Click here for Byron Street Swing’s flyer.
- John L. Scott Real Estate West Seattle — My Real Job: The Acoustic Duo of Jack Bradbury and Susan Denini Melding Covers of Blues, Soul, Rock and Indie Favorites
- West Seattle Grounds — Timothy Michaels, Musician-Singer-Entertainer
- Click here for November Event Flyer.
- Great American Diner & Bar — Jim Page: Named by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine as “One Of The 50 Most Influential Musicians In Seattle History.”
- Copper Coin – Veronica Malki: Her sirenic songs, soulful, rich vocals, and radiant, lovable presence guide listeners on a rapturous journey of emotion and spirit.
Music can evoke passion, emotion, and joy. The Art of Music provides an opportunity for aspiring musicians to combine the appreciation of visual arts with the appreciation of musical expression. This special event, presented by the West Seattle Junction Association, was created to complement Art Walk for the benefit of ALL Art Lovers.
- Are you a supporter of musicians and the arts in West Seattle? Art of Music is seeking crowdfunding to supplement operational costs, with a goal of $1,200. Click here to learn more and thank you in advance for your generous contribution.
Invitation to Apply as a Musician.
The West Seattle Junction Association plans to present several performances by musicians in the heart of the West Seattle Junction and in the greater Admiral neighborhood to take place during the Junction’s Second Thursday Art Walks. This Call for Musicians is an invitation to apply to be considered for performing for 90 minutes at an Art of Music event (6:00 pm to 7:40 pm with one 10 minute break at the midway point). Applications will be accepted until performers are hired for all the 2021 events; the earlier your application, the more events for which you can be considered.
Art of Music is a presentation in conjunction with the West Seattle Junction Association.